help box problem

help box problem

Postby steveo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Hi all,
i've got a lovely black smx lowdown but unfortunately it has a gearbox problem.
wot tends to happen is instead of changing gear smoothly it revs up first then goes into gear
now on the odd occasion (very odd occasion) it will work fine. i don't have a clue about auto boxes so the only thing I've tried to fix the problem is by putting new transmission fluid in but that hasn't helped at all.
Is there anyone out there that can help please.
Many Thanks
Steve
:cry:
steveo

Re: help box problem

Postby Vokesy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Mine's can be a bit jerky when it's cold, apparently there's a some sort of sensor on/in the gearbox that needs cleaning - I still can't find it....... :(
Vokesy

Postby rastafariyouth » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:24 am

I have one of those same lowdown smx. They are some fantastic cars but having the same problem with they transmission. It will rev up high before it change. i have heard about this sensor in the past but it must be inside the box and i am wondering if there is a filter inside the box that needs cleaning or changing :
rastafariyouth

Postby mouse22 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:08 pm

steveo wrote:Hi all,
i've got a lovely black smx lowdown but unfortunately it has a gearbox problem.
wot tends to happen is instead of changing gear smoothly it revs up first then goes into gear
now on the odd occasion (very odd occasion) it will work fine. i don't have a clue about auto boxes so the only thing I've tried to fix the problem is by putting new transmission fluid in but that hasn't helped at all.
Is there anyone out there that can help please.
Many Thanks
Steve
:cry:

**************I have the same problem-revs before changing gear* ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT-ANY IDEAS??
mouse22

Return to Gearbox / transmission